Monday, November 15, 2010

Marathon #4 Completed





The first time I ran the course of Chickamauga in 2008 I fell in love with it. The great scenery of the fall colors and also the battlefields. The hills are killer but it's still one of my favorite courses.

Note to self: DO NOT PR ON YOUR HALF MARATHON TIME DURING A MARATHON!!!! =)I went out waay too fast for my usual marathon pace. When I ran Chickamauga in 2008 I did the half in 2:40:37. When I hit the 13.1 mile marker I had hit the 2:38:40. So from mile 14 I ofcourse started slowing down but mile 21-26 just ripped out my pride. My whole right leg decided it didn't want to run anymore. Knee wasn't wanting the bend, the calf was locked up and the ankle is purple but needless to say my right side took a beating! Mile 24 I was pretty discouraged because my sub 6 goal was out of the question however I still PRed. According to Garmin I did 26.23 in 6:10:11 but by chip time it was 06:11:17. Either way it's still a PR!

No comments: