Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dang Grandma, slow ya roll!

Ok so I got my butt kicked by great grandma! I just opened a new office in Atlanta so I have been going up there Tuesdays nights to work then Wednesday mornings I go run the 5 mile loop around stone mountain. Well this morning im out running my little 9:50-10:20 pace when out comes Grandma. She was walking faster than I was running! The loop up there is ALL rolling hills so she would run down all the hills and speed walk up. I'm thinking to myself "you gotta be kiddin' me I just got passed by an 75- 80 year old... what the hell". THANKFULLY when I got done I mentioned it to some folks that were parked by me and they said "she's a freak of nature and she's here all the time". That made me feel a little better but dang!!! So grandma you better slow down! Don't make me trip you! =) I did my usual stop at the Whole Foods market so this means I have real food for the next 3 days till I go again on Saturday. Wahoo!!!

3 comments:

Bryan said...

No matter how hard you try not to, you've gotta love someone that old, who can kick your butt. Stone Mountain is no fun run at any age. I get tired riding my bike around the loop.

Amy said...

Won't you be glad when Whole Foods opens here????

leora's blog said...

you gotta think though....your 24, which gives you 56 years to surpass her....i think you can do it.