Wednesday, February 13, 2008

hmmm... am I doing something really wrong???

I guess it's about time to blog! I had to take a few days to chill out after everything that happened this weekend. Incase you havn't heard the story of my wild weekend then get ready. Left here Thursday night and drove almost 7 hours to Tampa. I actually stopped at 3 exits trying to get a hotel just to sleep for a few hours. They were either all booked or over $150. Well for one thing Im cheap! and the fact that I would only be there like 4 or 5 hours just seemed crazy to spend that much $$$. So I decided to drive on down to Tampa and parked on the side of the road in a busy section of town. (where I thought was safe). At about 3am I look up and see 6 or 7 big college age guys who were really drunk. One of the guys walked to the SUV in front of me and kicked it as in hauled off and kicked it. So here I am thinking "oh ____ this is not good and im about to die". Im looking everywhere for my key's (by the way they were in my lap) right as I find them the guy seriously kicks my car. I say again for the 50th time "Thank God I did not get out of that car". I think I would have either 1- gotten raped by a big group of drunk guys 2- gotten killed or 3- I would have f'n killed the guy that kicked my car. It would have been one of the three options. Ok I fight for a living and for me not to get out and want to beat the mess out of this dude... that had to be one of the hardest things ever. I was beyond pissed. So I drive around trying to find a cop, come back to the area and they are long gone. Then I drive about 20 minutes outside of Tampa and check in the most ghetto hotel EVER. They didn't even have hot water ok! I stayed there for almost 3 hours and it cost me $72. (grrrr!) but that's not even the best part. I leave there and check in to my real hotel which cost me $532 for 2 night... just don't ask. It sounds just as stupid now as it did when I was checking in but oh well. It was a kick ass king suite and it was sweeeeeet! The hotel had free cocktails from 5:30-7:30 every night so atleast I got some of my money back! =) The expo was great I brought back enough souvenirs for just about everyone I know! The race Saturday morning was amazing.. well with the exception of tearing my meniscus in my knee. Im not sure yet if it's a full tear or partial but that junk hurts! I did it only .31 miles into the 5k and ran the rest of it and ran straight to a doctor afterwards. Keep in mind that was the 5k that I just did for fun to get ready for the half marathon on Sunday that I ended up not getting to go to. I also missed the BBFC banquet in Orlando that I was supposed to speak at Saturday night. Instead I spent the evening icing my knee and drinking rum and pineapple juice. (remember I had to get that $532 back some how). I spent the day yesterday with my brother up in Atlanta. Went and bought a pizza and sat at my cousins grave and talked her for a while. The interesting part is after I left there I went to my other house over on lake Sinclair. Noones been there since I walked out the door during my divorce and haven't been back. I had actually forgotten that when I left I left all my clothes, shoes, purses, guitar, all my pictures and all kinda of other stuff. So last night was like Christmas. I packed everything I could fit into the car and brought it home. Tomorrow I get to go pay the $190 speeding ticket from a few weeks ago and the taxes are due on both houses this week. Hmm... maybe this is what God calls "tough love"... happy Valentines Day!!! =).

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hey This is Stefanier from Macon Track. Girl I wish I had known that you didnt have a place to stay that first night. My family (and a ton of friends) live in the Tampa/Plant City Area. I could have so got you a clean, safe and free place to stay!

Melissa said...

Now ya tell me! just kidding. It's ok, I am calling it "a learning experience"... One I dont care to do again!